28 Moments Singles Ward Girls Know All Too WellJune 22, 2015
Featured image via LDS Media Library.
1. When you choose to go to the YSA ward and tell your home ward buds about it.
2. When you’re 18 and fresh and walkin’ into your first singles ward sacrament meeting.
3. When you get asked on a date by an RM for the first time and you’re all like:
4. When there’s an attractive guy in the ward and you try to act natural.
5. When a girl who is younger than you announces her engagement in Relief Society.
6. When she tells the story of how he proposed.
7. When somebody gets up to speak in sacrament meeting and starts introducing themselves.
8. When 1:00 church gets out and you finally get to change out of your Sunday dress.
9. When you find out that the most attractive guy in the ward is dating someone.
10. When you decide to make a delicious Pinterest recipe to impress everybody at a linger longer.
11. When your home or visiting teachers introduce themselves but never come visit you.
12. When you don’t even know who your home or visiting teachers are.
13. When you’re at an Institute dance with your besties and your jam comes on.
What you think you look like:
What you really look like:
14. When you somehow manage to both flirt like a normal person AND get a hot date out of a YSA activity.
15. When you’re being driven home after a really great date.
16. When you’re only halfway through what’s turning into a very bad date.
17. When you or your friends get their mission calls.
18. When people keep asking you if you’re ever going to serve a mission.
19. When the stake creeper gets a crush on you and starts looking for you at activities.
How you react:
How you want to react:
20. When someone gives another talk about how all of you young people need to date more.
21. When you’re on the lesson about marriage and children in Relief Society and the teacher asks you to comment.
22. When your longtime ward friend gets engaged and immediately goes on a matchmaking crusade:
23. When you’ve been in the ward for a while and watched almost all of the young girls get married and leave.
24. When you have occasional freak-outs because school, eternal marriage, adulthood.
25. When you go back to visit the home ward, having forgotten that young children exist.
26. When the home evening committee announces that the next activity will be a speed date.
27. When you realize you’re the last of your friends left and may never go back to the family ward.
28. When you realize you’re the last of your friends left and may never go back to the family ward.
Have you had awkward/funny moments happen in the singles ward? Tell us about them in the comments and you may be featured in an upcoming article!