1. That moment when you think that a hymn starts on the up-beat, but it doesn’t.
2. That moment when the melody’s way too high for you, so you totally lip sync it in front of everyone.
3. That moment when someone makes it their business to tell you that you’re not doing your calling right.
4. That moment when you’re seriously tempted to hold out the fermata an extra three or more seconds just to mess with everybody.
5. That moment when you have to struggle with the music stand during the song intro because it’s way too low.
6. That moment when the organist is not picking up your cues to play faster.
7. That moment when you’re so focused on singing the song right that you forget what your arms are doing.
8. That initial moment when you realize that the next hymn is a 6/8.
9. That moment when you accidentally start belting out the wrong verse and lead everyone astray.
10. That moment when you tell everyone to sing verse seven instead of verse three and they all forget.
11. That moment when you give everyone the opportunity to stand up during the intermediate hymn.
What you expect them to do:
What they really do:
12. That moment when Sacrament meeting has gone overtime and the last song is four verses and a chorus long.
13. That moment when you notice that, in spite of everything, no one is paying any attention to you tryin’ to magnify your calling anyway.
Have any funny or embarrassing music director moments? Share them in the comments below and we may feature you in a future post!